Policy & Advocacy CBC Business advocacy Workgroups
- CBC Business advocacy Workgroups
- Roadmap towards regional integration
- Trade Policy Research
- Trade Information Systems
- Investment Promotion
- Tripartite FTA
- Services in COMESA-An Industry Perspective
Financial Services Workgroup
The 1st CBC Financial Services Sector Dialogue was held in February 2013 looking into the regulatory frameworks for financial services in COMESA. The dialogue initiated the Financial services- Bankers Workgroup headed by the Kenya Bankers Workgroup. The Bankers Work group is composed of the national Bankers Associations; from each of the COMESA Member States. The Dialogue discussed the Regulatory Frameworks in the Financial Services Sector and their Impact on Businesses; Focusing on Banking and Insurance services.
The Work plan of the Technical Workgroup; is derived from its Terms of References;
- Lobby and advocate for the interest of the private sector in the policy making process at COMESA and at the national level and regional level;
- Ensure a harmonised and informed position is presented to the CBC Board for advocacy with all interests of the sectors represented;
- Ensure Increased Policy Dialogue between Public and Private Sector at the regional level;
- Financial Services;
- Ensure that the positions of Work Group are presented to the policy organs meetings for consideration;
- Ensure Increased participation of the private sector membership in policy dialogue.
CBC provides demand driven services and proactive services in terms of advocacy, business linkages and membership development for Bankers Work group. We are working towards concretization of the activities of the work group as part of the building the Coalition of Services Industries in COMESA.
The objectives for Business and Policy advocacy pillar include: